Sunday, February 1, 2009

That was the Week that Was...

Hey there! Anybody miss me?

There's a good chance everybody's too busy with Super Bowl Sunday to be much bothered if I don't get anything written here today, but somehow, I managed to go all week without writing any of Wall's words of wisdom or whimsical wanderings. Hmmm, I'm not sure if I should apologize, or say "You're welcome!"

Well, in many ways it was a week like the ones before. Radiation Treatments Monday ~ Friday. Blood Test on Wednesday morning and Herbitux (Chemotherapy) on Thursday. Increased pain meds; weight loss; irritated skin on face and neck; words of encouragement and support received from Family & Friends; delightful Daughters dilegently doting on Dad. And then there were all the OTHER things, the surprised and subtle little factors which put a "twist" on all the routine activities. Unexpected challenges, surprise visits, mood swings of the Grandchildren, and things that actually mattered to others happening.

Let's just say, I'm gonna let it pass just that way. I've gained some insights into Pain Management which should be of help for the remaining treatments, and I'll be able to comment on those, as we go. I've learned a little bit more about what to anticipate for during my Post Treatment Period (did I even know there was going to be a "post treatment period?") Well, I thought I did, but turns out, it was kind of like knowing there's an Ice Berg out there, but not really understanding how little of it the "tip" represents. I've got a bunch of photos, that now need to be transferred to the Computer (I LOVE MY LAPTOP - THANK YOU ALL), edited, and some printed so I can mail them to Mom. My little "seed" of an idea for taking a Train Ride this Summer has taken root, and will start showing the branchs of growth anytime now. My Friend and LHD Classmate, Rick Moss should be home now, from having his HIP replaced. So, we'll need to check in on him. Maddie and Grayson received EXCELLENT MARKS for their School Report Cards, and I'm sure Brooks & Kelly are suitably proud, I'm sure because I know they all went out for a treat to the Kahumanu Center. TuTu's birthday was Thursday (that's Nana Anne to most everyone).

So, on that note, it's time to try for a little shut eye, and there won't be much dozing tomorrow.

Goooo ARIZONA!





"Home computers are the perfect thing for women who don't feel that men provide them with enough frustration." - J. Wagner

2 comments:

  1. Rick wondered how you were doing..... yes he did.
    But he also knew better than to bother anyone! But glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! The finger sores look like they are not fun at all. My doctor from time to time will have a prescription compounded for me. I have one that is lidocaine mixed with lanolin. You can have your doctor write a prescription then make sure you take it to a COMPOUNDING pharmacy. The container I have is about 1 ounce and it says it is 5% lidocaine. This works because it numbs the pain and the lanolin is very healing. It was originally prescribed for me, but you don't use very much, so it lasts forever. We use it on cold sores, hangnails, bug bites for the kids. Sage had really chapped lips a couple of weeks ago when he had the flu, cracked and bleeding. I put the lanolin mixture on every hour and it cleared up in a day. Worth a try if you can get your hands on some. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete