Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yessterday The Presidents, Today Paris, Tomorrow Me!



Yep! In addition to Sweethearts, February is a good month for Birthdays! Just ask any Aquarian... So Paris, I hope you had a good time on your Birthday, today. Sorry I couldn't make it to the Party, but I just couldn't get away. I know you'll understand. Maybe next year!





Normally I tend to "play down" mine, to the extent that I simply dissappear, and that't the end of it. Surprisingly enough, my Family's even kind of given in after quite a few failed attempts to have it matter. But that ain't gonna happen this year, I'm not even gonna try and fight it. Still, I don't think we've got any great plans. Fortunately for me, they've all got such full lives of their own, it keeps them busy enough, and besides, "Dad's" gotten more than his fair share of attention this year.

Now, as far as my "health issues" I guess we're kind of at the boering stage. I suppose there's still some drama remaining, awaiting the post-treatment diagnosise of the different Doctors, but I don't see how it could be anything but good at this point. Hopefully I'm not being over optomistic, but it sure seems like the cancer should be whooped. Presumeably just removing the one tonsil was to have gotten all the identifiable cancer cells, and the Radiation/Herbitux surely reduced the "lump" in my neck, as it's definately gone.

Well, I guess that's what this week is all about. Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Coty, he's the Medical Oncoligist, and Kaiser's Cancer Guy, for his follow-up & evaluation of the Chemotherapy. Then Thursday it's Dr. Makishi, he's the Radiation Oncologist, over at the Pacific Cancer Institute, for his evaluation of how well I've "cooked." And last, by the end of the week I should know from Dr. Neuman, my ENT, when he's going to do the Nose Excision (oh, you knew about that right?), which will probably be next week. So, that's about it for now. Ciao!

"I have finally arrived at the age at which the things I remember most clearly never happened at all." - Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Happy birthday TO youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Happy BIRTH! DAY! DEAR! RONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTH DAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, "I love Paris too"........ but you know that by now! LOL! Hope your birthday was good. I do the same with mine, ignore them. I figure EVERY day is a birthday! And I celebrate every day. See you.

    ReplyDelete