Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekends, What a Wonderful Invention

So the weekend was spent in kind of a haze... Saturday saw the return of NASCAR NATION! Hurray. Being the Motorhead I am, this was good news. And what could be better that than a Son-In-Law's Big screen TV! Never mind that the Darling Grandchildren weren't into it, and outwardly expressive about finding out "the day at the Beach" wouldn't be until Sunday.


Not unlike several other days this past week, Saturday proved to be one filled with "pain" issues. Now mind you, pain is juat a part of this game, and I've been pretty much resolved to the fact, that this isn't gonna be no picknick. But, of course that's what the Pain Meds are for right? and for the most part, they all seem to do their job, up to a point. that point being where either something new is added, or a dose perhaps missed. In the case of the Pain Patch there's the added factor of application effectiveness. Well, the most recent patch (one I'd put on myself, on my back, right hand shoulder blade) had puckered, and looked like it might not be getting the maximum absorbption through my skin.


Ultimately, that appears to have been the case, as reapplying a new patch finally resolved the situation. And the dituation being, I can't think, I can't act I can't do much of anything except cringe, and try not to whine and hyperventalate. Then, after getting thigs stableized, it takes a whole lot of more time to recover, and get back to "normal" - whatever that is. So between 30 s0me cars getting wrecked in 8 crashes and two red flags in Datona, the Kidz having a boute of house fever, and being "off" with the pain meds, Saturday was not a banner day.


Sunday, with things somewhat back to normal, and following a decent nights sleep, we (Myself, Amanda, Kyle, Hailey & Tyler; Kelly, Madison & Grayson; and Brooks who was on his way sepreately)were all on our way to Lahaina, for a trip to the Beach! Ok, they were all going to Keiki Beach, and I was headed home to do some "chores." I rode with Kelly; we stopped at the Olowalu General Store, as Kelly HAD to have her Egg Salad sandwich... and then she dropped me off at home.


Steve (Lombardi) was there, but Marcia hadn't come back from church (she sings in the Makawao Union Church Choir). Had a Beer on the porch (well, Steve had the beer) and watched the Whales and got caught up on the local doings while I'd been away. I then went in to "putter" and actually found some things I'd been looking for, some of them for weeks now, so that was good. Did a little house keeping, which was necessary, and then Steve asked if I wanted to head over to the Goose (The Sly Moongoose) for a Beer or two... Well that was a great idea, as I hadn't been there in ages, so off we went, only Steve had all the Beer...


Not long after we got back to the House, Kyle dropped off Amanda, and we were off (in Pearl) back to Kahului, with my Recycling in the back. Aside from two idiots who almost got us killed, we got back to Amanda's without incident. Lea Voss dropped by for a visit, and a couple Backgammon lessons (which she managed to win 3-0). They had a great Veal Meal, and I had Strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast. The Kidz were pooped from their day at the Beach, and happy to have the added distraction of Aunty Lea, so they were off to bed without any trouble. And from there, it was an early night for everyone.


OK - tomorrow's the BIG day, my next to last treatment - and Oh boy, am I ever ready!

Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections." - Wall's Words of Wisdom










No comments:

Post a Comment