Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Difference a 'Pray' Makes...

Several Months ago, I'd asked my Sister Karen (KC Clark, who lives in Utah, with her Husband JC, and two Sons, Joshua and Benjamin) if she might send me some PEPPERMINT OIL, as it was one of the few things I put much stock in, from the Aroma Therapy school of thought. Among Karen's various activities which she manages to keep herself too busy with, one of them is EMOTIONAL SCENTS, a distributor of Essential Oils and sundry other products, which is my connection to that world. Anyway, at the last RALSTON FAMILY REUNION (Mom's side of the Family) several years ago, I was introduced to Peppermint Oil, and found it therapeutic in the way of stress relief and relaxation. Well, all things considered, I figured I could use some...


So, it was with a bit of selfishness that I offered up a prayer on my own behalf, that would the oil PLEASE arrive. Well darned if it didn't. And what wound up being the biggest treat and therapy of the whole package, was a little hand made "CHEER-ME-UP" card from my Nephew, Benjamin. You may not be able to tell from the photo, but the letters and palm are foam cut-outs. Anyway, it had me bustin' my buttons. There is just no greater power or joy, than can be found in the energy of a Child. THANK YOU BJ!


And so I began week #8. Kelly showed up promptly on time, however uncharacteristically dressed for work (Kelly is the Veterinary Assistant for the Maui Humane Society), on a day she normally has off. In spite of all the lay-offs, business closings and everything else in our crazy economy, there seems to be no shortage of "animals in need" and she had been called in to deal with the overload. Kelly looked a little tired, and upon inquiry, revealed that a large part was due to Grayson's seemingly coming down with some stomache ailment which resulted in their being up all night with the usual debilitating regime normally associated with such things. Sure hope you feel better tomorrow Gray Boy.






My "MASK" is just starting to feel comfortable (like I'm not going to choke in the next 30 seconds), but I'm still left with a scaly complexion following the treatments. As the photo hopefully will attest to.





And good news, we were successful in swapping the Vanilla Ensure for Strawberry. We had a bit more rain over the weekend, and here's the Kiddo's dressing up to face the severe Winter's weather, Maui style.





“One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.” - CURMUDGEON’S OBSERVATION

No comments:

Post a Comment