Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 9th - Half way to the First Step

Hey there! Well, it's Sunday evening and the end of what was a pretty decent weekend. I've mostly been in denile (you know, that River in Egypt...) and trying desperately to figure out how to deal with Family, Friends and anyone who might have some reason to be concerned. I just haven't a clue. So far, I haven't confided in anyone, and I'm begining to have some self doubts... seems like I should talk to somebody - but I just can't bear to burden anyone besides myself with this, at least for now.

Although I continue to deliberate, I'm pretty well convinced that the thing that makes the most sense, is to just tell "everyone" at the same time, and e-mail is pretty darn well the best way to do that. However, the thought of dozens of e-mail responses, all wanting to know one thing or other, share advice or words of encouragement just simply overwhelms me, and I shudder.

And then - "DING," off goes the bell and on comes the light... BLOG IT! So, for many reasons, that is what this Blog will be focused on for the foreseeable future. I'll do my best to have it be informative, but remember, this is one subject I "knows" just about nothing... but I suspect I'll be getting quite the education. Beyond that, I'll share as best I'm able how I'm feeling, and what it's like. Feel free to skip over any or all of whatever you don't care for.

But mostly, I'll try to make it at least partly entertaining. I've got quotes galore, that you may or may not have heard before. I'll share the BEST of wh at I've gleaned while Wandering in Cyber Space and searching the Internet. And heck, if anyone's interested enough to ask a question, I'll even try to come up with a decent answer.

OH, so I started this out with... "end to a pretty good weekend..." As many of you know, I'm a "Motorhead" or Race Car Fan, and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 2nd too last race was this morning. Jimmy Johnson won, and looks like he'll wind up winning his third Championship. Next Sunday is the final race at Homestead, Miami FL. Also, I'm house/dog sitting for my Friend Jan, who's away on business. Gives me a different perspective on the Sunsets.

I haven't exactly figured out yet how to go about sharing this shi**y news with everyone, and still don't think it's a bad idea just to not tell anyone I don't have to. But I know that's not for me. I'd (still) rather Folks knew what I know, and what I think, and why... and then leave it to them to make their own decisions. I know that doesn't work for everyone... never seemed to sit very well with anyone at Lahaina Galleries, but that's another story.

Anyway, headed on down to the Lahaina Yacht Club for a sunset Pau Hana, and lo and behold, thought it was the Marine Corps Birthday a day early! Turns out John Domingo had his crew of volunteers down there to put together Bicycles, the prizes for the Keiki Fishing Tournament coming up this weekend. More on that another time.

Here's another favorite quote of mine, dealing with "time." I'm begining to understand this better all the time...

"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." Charles Bryton

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I "get it" - no desire for overly dramatic responses - no need to state the obvious - So I'm sending a hug and a little "nudge" to remind you that you are not alone. I'll check back here - Love, Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendship is a very special thing to have without having too much words to be exchanged. You know what I'm going to do! As always, remembers I am just a few numbers away 24-7. This is from a friend to another.................

    Pastor Roland & Family

    ReplyDelete