Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Little Perspective

For those of you who don't know me that well, or have been out of contact for awhile, it'd be pretty fair to say, I'm one lucky fellow. I've been fortunate to have a darned good life all in all, and been blessed with good health, a wonderful Family, some great adventures and a few worthwhile accomplishments.

My three terrific children, Carl, Kelly and Amanda have given me everything a parent and Father could hope for, including a total of seven Grand Children, each of whom promises to be a "just the best!" Both my Parents continue to live productive and meaningful lives in the same home I was born and raised in, and my Sister Karen has managed to raise a pretty interesting Family of her own. I've traveled to many Countries and seen many a wonder of the world and have had the opportunity to develop many interesting and endearing Friendships along the way. It is those Friendships and my Family that to me are most precious.

On the flip side, I've not managed so well in lasting relationships with the Women in my life, and there are more things than I care to admit where I've fallen short of the mark. I've learned a great deal along the way, which means nothing if I can't share it. Well, here I can share, it's up to "you" to determine if there's anything worthwhile, and make what use of it you will.

TIME is one of those things that generally trips me up, there just isn't enough of it and I'll be darned if I'm much good at being "ON," on time that is. So here's today's "words of wisdom" something I came across a long time ago...

Time is too slow for those who wait,
Time is too swift for those who fear,
Time is too long for those who grieve,
Time is too short for those who rejoice,
But for those who love... Time is Eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for continuing to Blog dad. If for nothing else, i can keep up with you and feel like i know you better.
    Wen

    ReplyDelete