Thursday, November 13, 2008

Meeting new challenges...

[FYI - the Flowers are curtosey of Nicole, a Friend I've met through High School Buddy Rick Ortenburger, who plans to be visiting Oahu next month... Mahalo Nicole! We touch others in ways we often may never know...

It could be just me, but I have to tell you, this Blogging thing is taking some figuring out, and getting used too. Short version, I got out of sequence with my posts, but have figured that out. Seems that Nov. 12th (yesterday) came up BEFORE my Nov. 9th one, as a result of my "thinking" I could get ahead of things, with a little planning. Well, I've learned that lesson now.

So anyway, these posts do come out chronologically. Nuff said. I did write a brief post about Consult #1 yesterday, you just have to scroll down a bit.

Well, not much time for writing today I'm afraid. I'm now immersed in a crash course trying to figure out how a 60 year old "boy" deals with having his Tonsils removed. And oh my goodness do the horror stories abound. Good thing (I'm sure hoping) that I know better than to take everything one reads as if it's going to be the same for me. There's also a great deal of good experiences, and quite a bit of recurring suggestions for dealing with it.

But for now, no personal horror stories (boy, I can hardly wait) and plenty to do. Seeing GP this afternoon for Pre-Op check. Lab test results from yesterday (also had a chest x-ray) are already posted on the Kaiser website, and all (6) tests seem to be in the mid-range, which I'm taking as a good thing. OK, House cleaning, shopping, picking up a video camera from Brother Dan (Snyder), so I can burn a couple DVD's from John Heacock's Memorial Service at the Yacht Club last month, shopping for liquids, etc., and fulfilling my Dog Sitting obligations should keep me busy until I meet Dan this PM at LYC for a juicy T-Bone, off the new menu.

Oh, and I got a GREAT e-mail yesterday (actually I received quite a few, and want to thank everyone again for your support, encouragement, and most of all, for your understanding) from a very Dear e-Friend. Emilie Barry (Edie Barry's Mom - Edie is part owner of Maestro Pedestals in SF) whom I've gotten to know through her Daughter always seem to bolster my spirits. Anyway, she sent along some Words of Wisdom which she recalls being hung as Bathroom Art by a friend named Tom. I found them most profound, and share them herewith:

"WORRY doesn't empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength."

2 comments:

  1. Hello Bro. I love you. I love your blog. I love your "quotes" and the title. It's my chance to get to know you better, too. It's also your way of "talking" about what you don't want to talk about =}. I am glad to have "talked" to you today. Thanks. Your poem is not only great writing, but you should keep the words in your heart and mind, for it's that deeper philosophy that will heal your body from cancer. And finally; "Wandering adventurists balance on the edge of discovery. Only those that turn back think they were lost!" KKC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dad,
    I know you just got home from sugery. I got the full report and I'm relieved that the surgery went well but I know that you must be in extreme pain. I pray that you can feel all the love we are all sending you and that that may give you the strength to endure over the next crucial few days. I am with you every step of the way. I am so proud of you Dad. Try to rest and I'll stop by tomorrow after work. Love You....Always... Kelly

    ReplyDelete