Sunday, December 19, 2010

... 6th DAY OF CHRISTMAS







SIX GEESE A LAYING


I'm not really sure what to take from 6 Geese a laying... Probably not Roast Goose as that doesn't sound very good at all, so I'm guessing it'd have to be fresh eggs - which puts me in mind of Breakfast. Being as it's Sunday and there's no Motorsports until February, I'm thinking that (after church of course...) it's off to Moose McGuillicudy's for BREAKFAST. Yeah!!! And yes, you can bet I'm having bacon today!


And here's an interesting Holiday "flavor" to consider. Something you don't see every day. And if you're not familiar with this Company, while no, it's not our "Jones's" they do offfer quite a few unique and interesting beverages, AND you can even have them produce under your own label.



If you click on the photo, you can see a little better but it's MELE KALIKIMAKA pure cane soda... from the JONES SODA COMPANY. See, I am trying to keep somewhat of a method to my madness.


Which is the best I could come up with to have this opportunity to put a little "local flavor" into the mix. So today's "12 DAYS" is all HAWAIIAN. First, a little edumacation in street Hawaiian, or Pidgeon English. Here's one take on the 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS, Hawaiian Style:


Numbah One day of Christmas, my tutu give to me One mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Two day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Two coconut, an' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Tree day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Foah day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Five day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Five beeg fat peeg... foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Seex day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Seex hula lesson, five beeg fat peeg (that make TEN!), Foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one Mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Seven day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Seven shrimp a-swimmin', seex hula lesson, Five beeg fat peeg, foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Eight day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Eight ukulele, seven shrimp a-swimmin', seex hula lesson, Five beeg fat peeg (that make TWENNY!), foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Nine day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Nine pound of poi, eight ukulele, seven shrimp a-swimmin', Seex hula lesson, five beeg fat peeg, foah flowah let, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Ten day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Ten can of beer, nine pound of poi, eight ukuklele, seven shrimp a-swimmin' Seex hula lesson, five beeg fat peeg, Foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


Numbah Eleven day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Eleven missionary, ten can of beer, nine pound of poi, Eight ukulele, seven shrimp a-swimmin', seex hula lesson, Five beeg fat peeg, foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree.


(Numbah Twelve day of Christmas the bes', and the bes' stuff always come las'...)


Numbah Twelve day of Christmas, my tutu give to me Twelve TELEVISION, eleven missionary, ten can of beer, Nine pound of poi, eight ukulele, seven shrimp a-swimmin', Seex hula lesson, FORTY steenkin' peeg, Foah flowah lei, tree dry squid, two coconut, An' one mynah bird in one papaya tree!


And what could be more fitting for our Hawaiian Theme then to wish you all MELE KALIKIMAKA as sung by a Gonzaga graduate named Harry... who do you think that is?


"Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed. That it might live forevermore to fill our every need. That it shall not be just a day, but last a lifetime through. The miracle of Christmastime that brings God close to you.” ~ Ann Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment