Friday, April 2, 2010

MALA WHARF & The STORY OF STUFF


Before we get to the "Story of Stuff" I just wanted to acknowledge the painting above that has been at the Head of my Blog for the past few days. "SUNRISE AT MALA" is by a Friend and Lahaina Galleries Artist, Ronaldo Macedo, which he actually painted "plein air" a couple months ago directly in front of my house in Lahaina. I happened to see him out there on the very day he started it. It was low tide, and Yep... that's what it looks like.


OK, so now to The Story of Stuff or the Reality of Consumerism and what it's costing. (FYI - it's 21 minutes so grab a cup of coffee or a beer, sit back, relax and take it in.

I came across this very informative and somewhat disturbing video on U-Tube the other day, and after watching it, got more involved and did some digging, which wasn't difficult as at the end of the 20 minute clip, showed the website dedicated to this subject. http://www.storyofstuff.com/ Friends, I have to tell you, this is a MUST SEE information video, and I further encourage you to send it to "EVERYONE" you know. NO, I don't just mean blast your address book with another spam barrage, but it is something that we all need to deal with. It's not just another "global warming" pitch to blame Nature's idiosyncrasies on Man's evolution and self destructive tendencies, but it does focus on the effects of a selfish "minority" that in one way or other actually is a part of most all of us.

And to be fair (and keep my Cousin Ron Ralston at bay...) Fox News has taken exception so some of Ms. Leonard's stats... Questionable Numbers They raise some good points, but none the less - We as a whole WASTE way too much... and that's Alls I gotta say!

OK - it's back off the Soap Box for me, and back on the Travelogue...


PROGRESS IS MANS ABILITY TO COMPLICATE SIMPLICITY - Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment