Friday, April 9, 2010

Blue Water Grill & El Torito

A quick report on Thursday - Marcus gave me "the boot" on Thursday, as he'd had a change of plans and so I needed a back-up plan, which is what brought be to Aunt Elaine's where I spent Thursday & Friday nights. Coming to my rescue for a place to "hang-out" until Cousin Claudia could pick me up after work, was former Lutheran High School Alumni, Carol Ruby, who has recently re-located to Newport Beach.



Situated right near the water I was treated to a panoramic view of "boats" (and some really nice ones at that) as we spent most of the day reminiscing, sharing photos of Family and Hawaii, and sipping on a couple of Heineken's. Then we walked down to the BLUE WATER GRILL for lunch. Also on the water, we split a Swordfish Steak with Spinach & Mashed Potatoes and a Crab Louie Salad. A recommendation from Marcus, it fulfilled all expectations for a decent meal.




Then Claudia (Aunt Elaine's youngest Daughter, picked me up, and we drove over to Fashion Island to meet up with Aunt Elaine, Cousin's CeCe and Ramona, and her Daughter Julie for Dinner. Undaunted by my fish taco experience I had Chicken Fajita Burritos with Chipolte sauce (mild according to the waiter...) and a big bowl (OK, it was a goblet) of Dos XX. We made the switch after dinner so Claudia wouldn't have the drive up to Anaheim and then back to Mission Viejo. A good portion of the dinner conversation was around Claudia's upcoming Mediterranean cruise. In addition to Barcelona, Spain and some time in Rome, and the South of France, they'll be taking a trip to MARY'S HOUSE in Turkey. All in all, I'm a bit envious as it brings back fond memories of some of my European travels.... Well, maybe someday soon. Good thoughts to fall asleep with...






"The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective." -- Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

  1. Apparently I failed to mention my travel plans to Linda Elaine. She read your blog and then I had some splainin' to do. : ) So many sisters, too litte time.

    ReplyDelete