Friday, April 2, 2010

Settled into the South Bay

It's hard to visualize that almost two weeks ago I was sitting in West Salem, having brunch with Kris at her Friend Maureen's. Mango Mimosas, Velvety scrambled eggs, succulent ham steaks, and the best pecan crusted french toast I've ever had and fresh roasted coffee, Ummm. Throw in Patrick's Irish banter and a good time was had by all. But it was cold and wet and Oregon. Now I'm in Hermosa Beach, it's not so cold and the promised rains have never materialized.



Why twice now we've even been able to see Catalina, I mean, like it's right there, almost a part of the Palos Verde Peninsula, even I know you don't see it all that often. And man oh man is the time flying... I can hardly keep track of all that's gone on. I can tell you that I spent one day orchestrating the assembly a storage shed with Nick the Handy Man, another helping JC plant tomatoes, and day before yesterday I "set out" over 120 Red and Yellow (Go SC) geraniums and some type of "fire" plant. Yesterday JC & I packed up his collection of ceramic, race car designed decanters as part of preparations for Sunday's Easter Family gathering here - of over 30 Family and Friends...



Also, we've been to COSCO twice, Home Depot twice, Sports Authority, Vons, Albertsons, and the Fishing supply store for Propane. I've been in touch with Friend Marcus and we've sorted out plans for next week - and also with Aunt Elaine (thank you Cece & Claudia) for a short visit there. Yesterday I finally finalized arrangements to continue both my Dental (HDS) and my Health (Kaiser) insurance (I've no idea what President Obama has in store for us) which has taken some doing... AND got some good news from my old Boss, Jim Killett; they've decided to end the Company ESOP program so I'll be seeing a couple $$$ a few years earlier than expected, which will be nice.



Well, today is more shopping, more errands and more cleaning... Then this evening JC and I are off to Brixton's in Redondo Beach for Al Stewart in concert. Al Stewart is a British singer-songwriter and folk rock musician. He is best known for his 1976 single "Year of the Cat" and its 1978 follow-up "Time Passages" (both of which were produced by Alan Parsons). JC's a Music buff, and had tickets, so we hadda go...

"IT IS PART OF THE NATURE OF MAN TO START WITH ROMANCE AND BUILD TO A REALITY." - Ray Bradbury


No comments:

Post a Comment