Friday, March 19, 2010

It may ALWAYS BE SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA (NOT!)

And of course it usually is in Hawaii, but it sure is friggin' cold in OREGON!

Well, I made it from Hawaii to Portland. The flight on Hawaiian A/L flight HA 40L was pretty routine (aside from the howling baby two seats over, and the Tasmanian wild child behind me with legs about 6 inches longer than I'd of cared for) and we arrived on time. After collecting my baggage Kris was there, all bright and cheery to pick me up. Which was great, as is the enclosed parking - which meant I didn't have to get out in the 48 degree weather. But I have to say, the clear skies and Cheshire cat moon were a welcome site.

Woke up this morning to discover the outside temperature was 34 degrees, and, as I was certain I say a Groundhog staring in the window, I promptly turned over and went back to sleep!


Re-awoke to sunshine and the promise that "it might get up to "70" today... and on that promise, we headed out to the Farm and Garden show at the local Fair Grounds. Kris decided to "buy out" the place... and I even found something I couldn't pass up - WATERBEADS! Way too cool, they look like Jelly Marbles! About the size of bird shot, once you soak them in water they swell up to marble size. They come in 9 colors and clear, and are translucent when soaked.
We didn't stay long as we're off next to drive back up to near Portland, as we're going on a Dinner/Show Cruise on the Columbia River. Looking forward to that. My first exposure to the Columbia was last year, driving out from Utah, after I'd moved my Folks to Maui. We'd left their car at my Sisters and flew from Utah, so I had to go back to bring the car to California, which, after completing the Sale of their House, the Motor Home, and the few other loose ends, I shipped their car to Maui... Anyway, for those of you who may never have had the opportunity to meander down the Columbia River - it's pretty spectacular, so this should be fun.
As an added bonus, we're taking Kris' Son Jonathan and his Girlfriend, Nadia. On my last visit they joined us for our excursion to McMinnville, as I'd wanted to see the SPRUCE GOOSE which is housed at the Evergreen Aviation Museum. An interesting side note - Nadia and her Family are from Russia and a very dear Friend (Emily) is heading to Moscow to help run Maria's Children Orphanage for two years - I'll have to see if I can put the two of them in touch.
More later...
"Change your thoughts and you change your World." - Norman Vincent Peale

For those of you who use Google (is there ANYBODY who doesnt? ) I strongly suggest you CLICK on this link for a very interesting commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment