Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Up-Date and Past Adventures

I realized that I hadn't really given a current up-date on my Cancer state of affairs. After having just now gotten around to filling you in on my "Oscopy" affairs, I thought maybe I should. This was made clear while I was having a terrific dinner at the Yacht Club last evening. On a whim I decided to have the Fillet Mignon, and not only was it "do die for" but it occurred to me that it was the first real "red meat" meal I'd had in almost a year and a half!



So - I'm more than happy to report that after several CAT scans, the same number of blood tests and several office visits to both the Oncologist and the ENT, I've no residual signs of Cancer whatsoever. Totally clean bill of health and very optimistic prognosis. I go back to the ENT in 3 months, and the Oncologist in 6. It was a long road to hoe so to speak, and I'd of NEVER made it without the love and care of my Daughter Amanda, and the support of Kelly, the rest of my Family and my very dear Friends. I hope you all know what a positive difference you made in an otherwise EXTREMELY unpleasant and un-nerving experience. Words cannot express my appreciation and gratitude. I shall be forever beholding to you all.



Which reminds me of a little side trip I treated myself to, almost two years ago when I was finalizing things to move my Parents here and sell their home in North Hollywood.

I'd originally planned to take a Train ride to the East Coast, but that sorta fell through as not only was I not up to it physically but had also discovered that I had WAY too much to do with the Folks.

So, instead I took the California Coastliner from the Burbank Airport station to Carpenteria for a brief visit with a Dear Friend from High School, Gayle (Thomsen) Clay. Her Hubby Jeff was off on a Golf excursion and we drove up the Coast to Hearst Castle for the afternoon tour. And lest I leave any doubts, Mr. Clay was home again that evening to assure the proper amount of propriety prevailed.

And, as is my focus, I'm looking forward to visiting good Friends and old acquaintances on my upcoming trip - and hope you're looking forward to hearing about it... Cheers!

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

1 comment:

  1. I'm so, so happy to read you are cancer free. God bless you - and God bless your girls for being your angels Sending Love, Claudia

    ReplyDelete