Saturday, March 27, 2010

Intra-State Train Ride & Dining Classics


Took the train from Salem, OR to Union Station, CA - 29 1/2 hours... didn't figure in the "people" factor on sleeping conditions... Spent $100 on Beer and a Sandwich... all in all enjoyed the trip anyway. (I'll add the full story when time allows.)

Good Friend JC picked me up at the Station, and promptly took me accross the street where I had my first Phillipe's (opened in 1908 and originator of the) double dip Beef French Dip (JC had the Lamb) - which for all my countless trips to Olvera Street and Union Station, I'd never been!

Today, we headed out to Anaheim where we were invited to the Grand Opening of a RUBY'S Restaurant, having gone to High School with the Sister of the Owner of the Chain. Ruby (Mom) was there signing autographs, there was a group from a Classic Car Club with some great rides, and quite a good entertainment event. The Kobe Beef sliders & Fries were TERRIFIC.

On the way home (after stopping at Knott's Berry Farm for a "short break") we stopped for Fertilizer for tomorrow's planting projects, gas for the car, and a quick spin at the store to stock-up on Ensure, milk and a couple other diet essentials.

Time is Nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't go wrong all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Harold would be proud! (Train connection)

    I'm glad you made it ... Linda Elaine made that trip - I'm not sure I'm brave enough or patient enough.

    Ad"venture" on!!!!

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete