Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bloody good show Mate!

Today's Radiation Treatment #16 was preceded by my Weekly Blood Tests, which seem to be holding steadily in the "GOOD category. I've no idea what exactly it all means, but it's pretty easy to see I've been pretty consistent. The Doctor's seem happy with the results, so that's good enough for me.














I've included two of the results here for anyone interested, but like I said, I've no idea what's what, so you're on your own there. All I know is the results are good!
Today my Driver was Anne Wall, who was kind enough offer her services. One of the nice things about the various volunteers to help out in that area is I get to hear a different take on "Life on Maui" from each of them. Today's insights were also geared to the world of Fine Art, with a somewhat different take on things from Steve's view. Steve is the Operations Manager for LAHAINA GALLERIES and Anne is the Gallery Director for their Wailea location. And for anyone who might not actually know, Anne is also Mother and Nana to my wonderful Kidz and Grandchildren whom you hear about now and then...

As promised, I can report that the new Laptop is indeed "up and running" and I just love it! Aside from a few little irritating little glitches it's just humming. Everything works as advertised, it's fast, has lots of room and is gonna be a real treat to have.
Also gave it a "test" run at the local Starbucks and the wireless functions just as advertised. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Anne had mentioned that one of LGI's premiere Artists, GUY BUFFET was in town, and is the Gallery's featured Artist this week, with a show at Wailea tonight, and in Lahaina on Friday. One item of interest - yesterday was Guy's 66th Birthday. Well, no one exactly knows this yet, but I'm heading down to Wailea to "pop-in" to wish him the best, as Guy's a long time Friend, and quite an interesting Fellow. Anne and I had visited Guy in Paris some time back - his studio was in a flat in the shadow of the Eiffel tower. Ahhh, good memories of wanderings from days gone by... So, it's off to the shower for me.
“If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.” – Jimmy Buffet

3 comments:

  1. hi.
    I see you just now posted. I sent Jackie your email and blog address...he is the friend who just returned from MD Anderson after gowing thru weeks of the same stuff you are going thru. May have some tips and for sure some encouragement for you. anyway.. I do hope you will connect.

    by the way....when I was in Lahaina years ago (80's!!!) I bought a folio of Guy Buffet prints made from his watercolors of recipes at Longhis. DO tell me they are remarkably valuable now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron,
    OK, so I AM envious of the new photo! The scenery is - "wow". And that laptop is cool (Hey Elfi...!)
    And you are looking pretty good in the photo. That is good. So I thought I'd say hi & glad to read about your latest post.
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Laptop!
    I have a laptop, but now that I am in school I am wishing for a desk computer. I think it would be easier on my shoulders. Rick, wanna trade?

    ReplyDelete