Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dry me a River...

It seems like awaking with a dry mouth is something that's going to be a constant. For whatever reason, earlier this morning it got me again. Funny thing was, the first thought that popped into my head was the line from an old Julie London song (originally written for Ella Fitzgerald), "Cry me a River...," and I just figured I was feeling sorry for myself. But you know, that wasn't really so. Then realized it was really "Dry me..." and I had to just chuckle. Life is good, and darned entertaining if you let it.


It's hard to believe how much has happened in the short few days since Thanksgiving, not even a week ago yet. First of all, I personally had a GREAT Thanksgiving day, spending it with my Family and many long time Friends.
Located on the slopes of Haleakala, the Ulapalaku Ranch has a fantastic view overlooking Kooholawe and Molokini, it was a wonderful place for the Holiday. Oh, and our "surprise" guest turned out to be my Son Carl, turns out Momma Anne flew him out to visit his Sister's. Lest you worry about the rest of the Family... Carl's Wife Wendy and eldest Son Cody drove up to Wyoming to be with her Parents, Brittany and Chase each had plans with friends of theirs, so all wound up having a good time.

My Folks were treated to a visit at Aunt Elaine's down in Anaheim, and Dad was surrounded by Women, as four of their Nieces were there as well. Mom gave a favorable report, and I won't begin to go into the Menu in this narrative. I fulfilled my house sitting requirements, barely averting an invasion of marauding neighborhood skateboarders who couldn't resist the recently poured cement spillway at the entrance to the property. Saturday was Bar tending School, this week was Coffee Drinks. Sunday was a party at a Friends in Kahana and I even managed to win the first half Pool for $100.00!! I owe it all to clean living. 8~) The real treat though was on the drive home.
My Friend Emilie Barry has been sending along encouraging words (as oh so many of you have) and recently encouraged me to be on the lookout, just after sunset for Jupiter, Venus and the New Moon. It's been a bit overcast and we've had some rain too, so it's been overcast in the evening. Well, Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL DAY, and so it was crystal clear as I was driving home about 7:30pm. For those of you who don't know, Kahana is North of Lahaina. As I was approaching Lahaina, I could see, just South and a bit above Lanai the two Planets and Moon. And oh my Gosh! They formed an almost perfect triangle, two eyes and a crescent shaped grin. Doggone if it didn't seem like GOD himself was smiling down on me. A nice big happy grin. I simply haven't the words, but just think of it, low in the South Western sky, Venus & Jupiter two twinkling eyes, and a big Cheshire Cat smile, with the trail of light reflecting off the Ocean, leading right to my doorstep. To say the least, I was moved.
Yesterday and today were a bit mundane, with chores and getting rid of my overwhelming "archives." Tomorrow I get my "mask" fitting and Treatment Simulation in the morning, and will report on same then. Thanks to all for the overwhelming support your sharing, it's humbling.
"Keep your mind off the things you don't want by keeping it on the things you do want." W. Clement Stone

1 comment:

  1. Do I dare ask.....what is a "mask fitting"
    I think some of the cancer treatments are from Iron Maiden, my self. Pretty much anything that has to do with a urologist for me.
    Sounds like god was smiling down on you with the sight you took in. Thanks for sharing.
    My little family of four is headed to Oahu at the end of January. I am getting excited about it now. We have had this trip planned for about a year. My husband scheduled it all while I was in the hospital early this year with my 10th cancer related surgery. I remember him being really excited, but I wasn't there yet.

    ReplyDelete