Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Very Best Christmas Day...

Wednesday was quite the busy day. I'd gone back to Lahaina after my Tuesday treatment, so got up early, stopped by Take Home Maui for my favorite cup of morning coffee, the over to Kaiser for an early Blood test, and then off to Kahului to meet Kelly at Amanda's for Radiation. Following that, Kelly dropped me at Amanda's while she went off to run some errands, and I got ready to go with her to Pukalani, to spend the night. Most unexpectedly I got a call from Don, one of Kyle's Crew, who'd broken down on the way to a job in Lahaina. Well, I called Kelly and she followed me over to 1,000 Peaks where we left him Kyle's truck so he and the rest of the Crew could deal with it.



Then it was up to Kelly's in Pukalani, where I would be spending the night. Christmas day began with partly clear skies and a living room full of presents.

CLICK HERE to see Christmas morning photos.

I put on the coffee, and it wasn't long before Grayson was up, then Nanna Anne showed up, and by the time she and Gray had brought up all her gifts, Maddison and Mom & Dad were up too. Grayson got just about every BATMAN toy and game there is, and Madison received everything HANNA MONTANA. I think everyone got a wonderful collection of gifts, but the real capper came as the very last box to open.




More than a bit surprising, it was for me! It was a big box, and it came with instructions. Which everyone made certain I was to follow, to the "letter." I had a set of letters, a board with 5 words, and one letter in each word. One by one I was given a clue to figure out, and move on to the next.






And, I was to be sure it included all the "BELLS & WHISTLES" - to make sure, they'd even included an example to make sure I understood.Turns out this was organized and put together by Anne, and they managed to pull it off without me ever having any idea what was afoot. With somewhat more than $1,000.00 (and $5.00 in pennies - a "payback" from Christmas past...) I was told to get myself a Laptop Computer. Something I've gone without for all these years, figuring I'd get to it "someday...," and had just never done it. Well, I'm gonna do it now! HP here I come.

The following are the Group I have to thank for this wonderful opportunity:
Anne Wall
Amanda Jones
Kelly Maguire
Carl Stephens
Dan Snyder
Jeff Kaiser
Steve Taylor
Bonnie Nelson
John Wilson
Joanne Dennis
Jim & Nancy Killett
Doris Prockette

"Thank You" isn't quite enough, but it'll have to do until I can think of what is. Mahalo!

Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect." ~ Oren Arnold





2 comments:

  1. Way too cool! Great Quote...pictures are awesome and thanks for the link to the Maguire Christmas Photos...makes me feel like I was there.
    Luvz 2z Uz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!
    I love how they presented the gift.

    ReplyDelete