Friday, September 3, 2010

Here's a little dose of "cute"...


OK - so I've made you look at the ugly Vulture long enough... here's a "cutesy" shot of little Miss Hailey in her Nurses Glasses...

Well, things are picking up, and it's gonna be a whirlwind from here on I suspect... I'll do my best to keep up and keep you informed. Yesterday was Computer Helper day, assisting Kathy Taylor with "portability" while she's on vacation the next couple weeks. She and Hubby Steve are headed to New York and points East, then back to the High Desert in California for a spell before returning to Maui. Kathy's the volunteer coordinator for the big SBS Golf Tournament out at Kapalua next January (used to be the Mercedes Championship, for years) - if you're a Golf Fan at all and gonna be in the neighborhood (here on Maui) it's a great way to participate. I hear this year entry to the Galleries WILL BE FREE! You heard it hear first.



Then it was off to Office Max to pick up a new printer for Friend Joanie (at Thumper's request) and then to her place in Lahaina to set it up. Mission accomplished. Then dropped off some pieces from my Art Collection as donation items for this years LYC Cancer Tournament Charity Auction on September 26th. ENTRY FORMS AVAILABLE AT THE CLUB - You do not need to be a Member to play. See the August Tale of the Whale for more info...



Today started out with me on the Computer and that got old real quick, so I finished up what I was in the middle of (organizing my Video collection...) and noticed that Marcia was gone and the driveway was clear, so decided to wash the old Marquis so it'd be clean before I left, besides, taking Mom on a little trip up to see Kelly and the Kidz on Sunday, and she can see where Kelly is Horse (spelled correctly) sitting, then to Makawao Steak House for a nice dinner.

After washing the car and overheating a bit, I decided that was all the excuse I needed for a swim, so headed off for the pool, and as always found it to be a very relaxing and therapeutic choice.


Headed back home to attend to some bill paying and getting my affairs in order for my trip, then headed off for a walk into town (and the Yacht Club) to see what was in store for Friday night, with all the Oahu boats in town. Which brings me to tomorrow. Since I've volunteered to assist with the Race Committee (it's much easier than racing...) I'll be heading down to Mala Wharf in the morning to meet Kent Knowley, Dan O'Hanlon and the "others" and expect to spend the day on the water. Always fun, and if the Good Lord's willing, I'll report on that tomorrow, possibly with pictures.


Sunday is our Annual LYC vs. OAHU Yacht Clubs Softball Tournament, which LYC has won 26 of the last 27 games, if you can believe that. Yours truly will be the Umpire for the Game (again, easier than playing...) so you can expect a report on that... though not before Monday afternoon, which will be my "get ready, get set" day. Tuesday is for leftovers and whatever I forgot to do or didn't get done, and then at 4:00pm I have a Membership Meeting at the Yacht Club (we've 5 new prospects this Month) and then over to Amanda's to spend the night, with her taking me to the Airport on Wednesday. And that, as we say... is it for now!


"Learning by experience often is painful- and the more it hurts, the more you learn." - Ralph Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment