Wednesday, January 19, 2011

We Don't See This Everyday...


That's right Sports Fans!!! SNOW IN HAWAII. And a lot of it too... Both here on Maui and on the Big Island. And it's a good thing too, as I've been needing something to get me motivated to get back here and update the ol' "Travel Blog."

As you may have surmised, so far this year (at least for me) things have been pretty normal. That's not to say nothing's going on, just nothing much "exciting." Life is good, make no mistake about that, but can't get too excited about just sharing the routine and hum drum events of daily life - where's the fun in that?

Well let's see, what has been going on...? A lot of Folks seem to be having Computer "issues" so I've been busy there - even got a call from an old Friend and co-worker who is now in Oregon, with what sounds to be like a failing hard drive... Sorry Wendy. Amanda's back in school with another full load but she did manage to pass her Math placement test, and skipped one of the Fundamental courses she was dreading... Old High School chum and former Room mate Sandy Saemann is in the final stages of opening his latest "brain child" HOTDOGGERS in Manhattan Beach, CA (a restaurant with a sort of obvious menu) which I'm sure you'll be hearing more about down the road... We've been having quite a bit of Weather (that's wind & rain) which is mostly good, because we need the rain and the hills (at least the parts that haven't washed away) are green, green, green... Friend Bonnie Nelson went off to the ER the other night with a mild stroke and has fortunately come through it just fine - with all systems "go" and was dully attended to by (who else) Ms. Amanda... And to cap things off, the JET'S are in the Playoffs! What's the big deal you ask? Well your's truly and Mr. Trivia (Bobby Powers) just happen to have them in the Football Pool, and that means $$$.

OK - there, I've done it... a little something to let those of you who care know that I'm "still here" and everything's just fine - oh, except for my tooth that broke eating Christmas Turkey (no Amanda it wasn't your fault and I didn't say anything so as not to spoil the party...), and actually that's fine too - except for the $800.00 bill for another Crown! Ciao Ya'll.

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself. Marlene Dietrich

1 comment:

  1. Broken TOOTH! You're supposed to tell me these things!
    And of course it wasn't my fault...I made ham :)

    ReplyDelete