Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's About Time


About the photo above... It's from my last visit to Disneyland, and it's a photo of good Friend Marcus DeChevrieux, Marine Art Historian extraordinaire, and Carol Ruby a former Lutheran High School graduate and fellow GLASS Fan! Also with us at Club 33 were JC & Franci Agajanian. But that's another story...

Today is all about July 8th, and TIME. Terry "Ike" Clanton, host of THE HAUNTED SALOON shared this tid-bit, "... at five minutes and six seconds after 4:00 am on the eighth of July, the time and date will be 04:05:06 07/08/09." Just now in reading today's SCUTTLEBUT, the Curmudgeon provided this observation: "Shortly after noon on July 8, comes the moment that can be called 12:34:56 7/8/9." Now I found both those items rather interesting, and just had to share them with Ya'll.

And speaking of "Ya'll" - I would like to acknowledge everyone who's taken the t me to let me know you do follow along, and check out these post's every now and then. It's appreciated, and the only real reason to continue on. There just always seems to be so much going on in life and this just seems like a pretty darned good way to share it, at least from my POV.

Along with Michael Jackson's Memorial Service today, the 4th of July has come and gone. I spent the better part of the day watching the Coke Zero 400 NASCAR race at Daytona, with young and wild Kyle Bush providing more than his share of FIREWORKS and giving Tony Stewart the Win. Man that Kid can sure drive, but he's gotta loose the "ATTITUDE" and smarten up. When he does, he'll wind up winning a Championship or two for sure.

Right after the race Kyle & Amanda showed up with Tyler & Hailey and their Friends Steve & Laura (? hope I got that right Amanda...) after a day at the beach. They only made a brief stay, just long enough to hose off the Kids an say Hello & Goodbye, as they were headed home to BBQ and enjoy the Neighborhood fireworks, which in their neighborhood is quite the show. but Amanda clued me in that Kelly and her two, Madison & Grayson and Nana (Anne) were still there (Keiki Beach) and were planning on staying for the Lahaina Fireworks. Well, I grabbed a spare bottle of water and walked right on down. had a nice visit with them, watched a GREAT fireworks show thanks to the Merchants of Lahaina. It was quite the show with a full moon coming up over the West Maui Mountains and the fireworks reflecting off the water. Pretty darned good for a free show.

Tree trimmers were here all day, and that's about it for now. I didn't get my nap today, so it's early to bed for me tonight. Aloha and God Bless.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to read whats going on with you dad. I am not good at calling but I am good and checking on you while I am at work now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....that pic looks like HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Hi Carol! Jennifer and Jackie Crowe were asking about you.....sorry I missed you in LA...when are yolu in town again??

    barbara

    ReplyDelete